7256Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: The most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrounding roads, spur trail map set

    Jan 26, 2010
      John, you are not looking at the map collection correctly.  One of the 3 maps shows that.  Remember there are three maps on two giant sheets of paper.  You have to reverse the one sheet to see the third map.  There is a Northern part, Central Part, and Southern Part.  It covers everything.  I know it does.  I'm going by memory but know this.  I wish I had it in front of me.  Have you looked at all 3 sections?

      On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:

      On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Gary A. <garyarazorback@...> wrote:

      Roleigh

      Is this 3 map pack for the whole JMT or just the MUIR WILDERNESS & SEQUOIA/KINGS CANYON WILDERNESS Sections??

      John:

      I have it open in front of me.

      It goes from Red's Meadow in the North to almoast 20 miles South past Crabtree and Whitney.  So it does not include the Yosemite NP portion of the trail, nor the portion just South of Donohue Pass.

      East-West dimension is wide enough that most or all of the exit trails and trailheads are covered well.

      I'm also a fan of this map.  I use it for planning and carry the Tom Harrison map set.

      It's published by USDA, and you'll sometimes find it listed as "USADA Guide to Muir ..."

      Scale is 1:63,300 (1 in = 1 mile)

      Contour interval is 80 feet.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic