7245Fwd: The most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrounding roads, spur trail map set

    Jan 26, 2010
      an oldie but goodie post

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...>
      Date: Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM
      Subject: The most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrounding roads, spur trail map set
      To: John Muir Trail YahooGroups <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>

      I have this map set.  It is the most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrounding roads, spur trail map set.  Overkill to take on the hike but fabulous for planning.  If you are a map collector like me, you'll want this.  I am 99.9999% sure this is identical to what I got in Lone Pine last year.  My super giant 3 maps (one for North, Central, Southern sections of JMT and surrounding spur-trails and roads) came in a 9x12 envelope from the US Government Printing Office.  It says on cover:

      United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Region
      A Guide to the John Muir Wilderness and Sequoia-Kings Canyon Wilderness
      R5-RG-047
      ISBN 1-59351-417-4
      [picture of John Muir in between above and below]
      Inyo and Sierra National Forests, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
      Contents: 2 map sheets with North, Central and South Section Maps
      U.S. Government Printing Office: 1992--688-508

      The item is depicted as available for sale (not online though -- only through fax or mail or phone) here:

      2099 JOHN MUIR WILDERNESS & SEQUOIA/KINGS CANYON WILDERNESS MAP PACK $12.00
      These maps, published by the Inyo National Forest and Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks, include trailhead information, backcountry information on wildlife, fishing, mountaineering, first aid, etc. This map includes topographic contours.

      How To Order from the Bookstore

      You can place your order by Phone, Fax or Mail. Email is available but please note that we do not have a secure server at this time, and any credit card information that you send is done at your own risk; email to esia@....

      PHONE ORDERS:
      • Call 1-760-873-2503
      • We're open daily during the summer from 8 am to 5 pm; winter hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (closed federal holidays).
      • Credit Card orders only.
      • Please note the product name, number and price before calling.

      FAX AND MAIL ORDERS:

      • Use our online order form.
      • Fill out the form, print and fax to 1-760-873-2563
      • Fill out the form, print and mail to: ESIA, 798 North Main Street, Bishop, CA 93514

      Thanks for shopping with us. Visit our stores at Inyo NF, Tahoe NF and Humboldt-Toiyabe NF Ranger Stations and Visitor Centers. We look forward to your visit!

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic