      From: andrew mendyk [mailto:andrewmendyk@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 8:17 AM
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] radio freq's/stations

      Hey all,

      I am hiking the trail in August and am wondering if I
      should bring my FM or Shortwave radio...does anyone
      know what radio reception is like in the sierra's.
      i'm a news junky and so i usually take some sort of
      radio with me.

      Also, I am looking for a pocket size version of Muir's
      writings to take along with...anybody know of any
      suitable versions out there?

      Thanks,

      Andy

      =====
      "Only a fool is sure of anything, a wise man keeps on guessing."
      -MacGyver