699[John Muir Trail] Re: Altitude Sickness

  • plockey@austin.rr.com
    Jun 1, 2004
      Thomas
      I did see a physician about the problem but in the area where I'm
      from Altitude problems are uncommon. My physician basically had to
      research the problem himself. That is where I received the drugs that
      I intend to take with me on this trip,

      Last year when I made the trip I was over 9000ft within 8 hours of
      leaving Merced and over Cathedral Pass within 24 hours. Then Donohue
      pass 24 hours later. Not really much time to acclimate. I would guess
      that after starting the slide towards the symptoms of altitude
      sickness my body was never able to recover.

      Thanks for the advice.

      Paul

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, thomas taylor <tgtaylor7@y...>

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic