695RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Altitude Sickness

  • Craig
    May 31, 2004
      Howdy Paul,
      You may want to try Ginko Biloba. There are a few studies that show it
      helps some and I gave it a tried last fall with possible success when I
      went up to Mt. Tyndall. I drove from the flatlands (Redlands, ca) to
      the Shepheards pass trail head ( around 5000+ I think ) then up to the
      Anvil Camp ( 10,000 ) in an afternoon and evening. The next day up
      Shepherds pass and to the base of Tyndall ( almost to 13,000 I think)
      and had no ill effects at all. No headache or nausea. The pass was
      tough in the snow but...that's another story.

      Of course, I can't say I would have had problems without it but what the
      heck. Don't hurt nuthin'.

      Here's an online resource you may want to look at:

      Climb safe,

      "If we can't have fun at least we can suffer" Conrad Anker

      http://www.mountainknowledge.com - Know your mountain.