6556Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: JMT book

  • Peter Burke
    Dec 20, 2009
      Roleigh Martin wrote:

      > Eric, have you received the book and your comments are based upon the
      > real item or on the web photos?
      >
      > On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Eric <egerber@...
      > <mailto:egerber@...>> wrote:
      >
      > I don't know Peter but bought the book based on the photos on the
      > link he provided on this sight and its fabulous. Really
      > wonderfully put together and great photography.

      He BOUGHT the book? wow, I missed that.. I hope you are totally into
      the hardcopy thing, because those photos are online on my web site,
      although not in this layout and without the satellite maps and
      informational text. There is something about holding a book in your
      hands, but these things are expensive. Could pay for one year of Spot
      service with the cost of that book, or have a downpayment on a Bearikade
      canister :)
      Here's the web site again, for those who are happy with pictures on
      their LCD screens - gallery section top link. Also, don't miss the
      panoramic deep-zoom images on the right side of the gallery page

      http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/outdoor/Muir2009/default.html

      Peter
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic