6376Re: [John Muir Trail] Who is this 83 year old lady on the JMT? [1 Attachment]

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Nov 1, 2009
      Hope I'll be like that at her age!  There's hope yet :-)

      Sent from my iPhone.

      On Nov 1, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      On July 19, we met Adam (forget his last name) and his grandma, who is 83 years old.  She  has thru-hiked the JMT 7 times, she was not able to thru-hike it this year due to foot injuries.  I think her first name is Rose but may be wrong.  She had done the PCT, thru-hiked 2 or 3 times.  Supposedly she is quite famous on the trail.  Does anyone know her and how old she was on her last thru-hike of the JMT -- she may have beaten Dale's record of age 75.  She had planned to hike the JMT with her grandson, Adam, but in the last month injured her foot.  Funny story, Adam accidentally hiked off onto the JMT with the car keys that his grandma was supposed to drive back and she caught up to her grandson with an injured foot and here she is about 4 hours into the JMT without showing a sweat broken -- notice how much sweat, Adam has.

      Thanks for any of your help.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic