      From: Reinhold [mailto:jmtreinhold2003@...]
      Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 9:18 PM
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re:Running the JMT in July

      John, I have through hiked the JMT 7 times including my September
      2003 through hike in 5 days 10 hrs (a new record for an unsupported
      through hike of the JMT). Go to - signonsandiego.com sports extreme
      backpacking - to review the San Diego Union article on that trek.
      When I did the JMT in July 2003 I kept getting reports from hikers
      about a guy & a girl several days ahead of me running the JMT trying
      to break my then unsupported 7 day record for the JMT. Was that you?
      That's what motivated me to do the JMT again in September to improve
      on the 7 days. My thinking was if somebody is going to break my
      record I'm going to make them work for it. I would be interested in a
      runndown or a trail report on your July 2003 runn of the JMT. Reinhold