      From: Bill [mailto:dive_hike@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 2:40 PM
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Northern start of trail

      Yep, 211 miles (from the BIG sign) to Mt. Whitney and 11 more to
      Whitney portal. The trail officially ends on the top of Mt.
      Whitney ... but 222 miles is the total distance. Add a couple more
      miles if you are stopping at Lake Edison for supplies.

      When I was 14 or so, I went to Yosemite and decided to hike to the
      top of Nevada Falls. When I saw the "Big Sign", I started
      laughing ... right, someone would hike 211 miles to Mt. Whitney ...
      they must be NUTS!

      OK, I am now one of those NUTS, and hoping to do it again in 2003
      Best to all,

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, ndeewoods <no_reply@y...>