598Transport to and from the trail

  • jennywatkins
    Jun 28, 2003
      Hi,

      I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail last year and skipped from Kearsarge
      Pass to Tuolumne. I intend hiking this missed section in
      August '03. I live in Georgia and am flying into SF Oakland on Aug
      13. Can anyone give me some idea on transport to Yosemite from the
      Airport. I want to start in Yosemite Valley, Happy Isles and
      finish at Kearsarge, hiking into Onion Valley and out at
      Independence. Then I need to get from Independence back to Oakland
      airport by Aug 30 to fly home the next morning. Any suggestions on
      how to organize this transport. I will have 14 days to hike about
      178 miles.
      Is anyone planning to hike at this time? I am hoping by then the
      snow has melted and the bugs moved on.

      Jenny
      AKA Capetown Jenny
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic