561FW: [John Muir Trail] Re: Section hiking the JMT

  • Mauch Family
    Feb 1, 2003
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Mauch Family [mailto:lmauch22@...]
      Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 12:02 PM
      To: 'johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Section hiking the JMT

      If you are looking for a shorter hike starting and ending on the West side,
      you might consider a loop starting a Edison lake and ending an Florence
      Lake. I have always had good luck catching a ride between this two lakes.
      Marie Lakes is a very nice lake basin. There is a seasonal ferry across both
      Edison and Florence lakes.

      On the East side you should consider Duck Pass to Bishop pass. This is a
      longer trip but covers lots of beautiful including Muir Pass. The trailheads
      are easily accessible.

      Let me know if you would like more info.
      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor