5065Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Boot recommendations

  • Rich Ehli
    Jul 5, 2009
      The Goretex membrane will eventually fail from the constant flexing of
      the boot. At least that has been my experience.But while it now lets
      water in, the membrane still works to keep the heat generated by the
      foot inside the boot.

      jeff.hester wrote:

      > Thanks for the tips! The Merrill Ventilator looks comfortable, but are
      > they waterproof? I didn't see any mention.
      >
      > Also, I've seen some people shy away from "waterproof membrane"
      > claiming that leaves a whole lot a shoe to still get wet and
      > saturated. I see it more as a weight/performance tradeoff.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic