      From: Roleigh Martin
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 3:17 PM
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] The most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrounding roads, spur trail map set

      Bill, let me know how impressed (or non-impressed) you are with the maps.
      If you get what I got, the envelope comes with 2 giant fold outs, each about
      5 feet by 4 feet. The North and South Maps are on the same sheet of paper,
      just one map is on the top side, the other map on the bottom side. The
      Central map is on the other foldout with text, etc., information on the flip
      side.

      The central section starts just south of Muir Trail Ranch and goes down to
      the Kearsarge Pass Spur Trail hitting the JMT. You can see the resorts to
      the West and NorthWest of Muir Trail Ranch on the Northern Section, and you
      can see highway 395 all along the Eastern side of the map on the various
      sections.

      I got my set in the sporting goods store that sells Vasque backpacks and
      Tshirts in Lone Pine last year in August. It cost me $14.95 in that store.
      Appears to be cheaper via the link I provided and perhaps newer.