45152Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Help Lightening Up

  • dr.suuz_2013
    Jul 22, 2014
      I like many of the Outdoor Herbivore meals. I especially like their Blueberry Maple Crunch and Waldorf Slaw. The slaw has dehydrated Granny Smith apples and a comes with a packet of olive oil. At 720 calories, it was one of my favorite lunches on an AT section hike last month. The Hungry Single size of the Blueberry Maple Crunch made two servings for me. I pre-divided it at home and added Nido and a little brown sugar to each serving.

      I would try their samplers to be sure what suits you before taking it on a hike. A meal (not Outdoor Herbivore) that got high ratings from REI customers and sounded delicious tasted so bad to me, that I couldn't eat it for dinner--and this was after we resupplied at MTR on our southbound trip last year, when my appetite was at its peak.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic