      From: Roleigh Martin
      To: John Muir Trail YahooGroups
      Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 2:42 PM
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] The most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map with surrounding roads, spur trail map set

      I have this map set. It is the most comprehensive, large detailed JMT map
      with surrounding roads, spur trail map set. Overkill to take on the hike
      but fabulous for planning. If you are a map collector like me, you'll want
      this. I am 99.9999% sure this is identical to what I got in Lone Pine last
      year. My super giant 3 maps (one for North, Central, Southern sections of
      JMT and surrounding spur-trails and roads) came in a 9x12 envelope from the
      US Government Printing Office. It says on cover:

      United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest
      Region
      A Guide to the John Muir Wilderness and Sequoia-Kings Canyon Wilderness
      R5-RG-047
      ISBN 1-59351-417-4
      [picture of John Muir in between above and below]
      Inyo and Sierra National Forests, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
      Contents: 2 map sheets with North, Central and South Section Maps
      U.S. Government Printing Office: 1992--688-508

      The item is depicted as available for sale (not online though -- only
      through fax or mail or phone) here:

      http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/maps/esia/esiamaps.shtml

      *2099 JOHN MUIR WILDERNESS & SEQUOIA/KINGS CANYON WILDERNESS MAP PACK $12.00
      *
      These maps, published by the Inyo National Forest and Sequoia/Kings Canyon
      National Parks, include trailhead information, backcountry information on
      wildlife, fishing, mountaineering, first aid, etc. This map includes
      topographic contours.

      http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/inyo/maps/esia/howto.shtml
      How To Order from the Bookstore

      You can place your order by Phone, Fax or Mail. Email is available but
      please note that we do not have a secure server at this time, and any credit
      card information that you send is done at your own risk; email to
      esia@....
      *PHONE ORDERS:*

      - Call 1-760-873-2503
      - We're open daily during the summer from 8 am to 5 pm; winter hours are
      8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (closed federal holidays).
      - Credit Card orders only.
      - Please note the product name, number and price before calling.

      *FAX AND MAIL ORDERS:*

      - Use our online order form.
      - Fill out the form, print and fax to 1-760-873-2563
      - Fill out the form, print and mail to: ESIA, 798 North Main Street,
      Bishop, CA 93514

      Thanks for shopping with us. Visit our stores at Inyo NF, Tahoe NF and
      Humboldt-Toiyabe NF Ranger Stations and Visitor Centers. We look forward to
      your visit!