44030Re: Sequoia Kings Packers

  • casey.cox@att.net
    Jul 1, 2014
      Calley

      It was I that suggested the 7:00 a.m. phone call.  Horse people have already been to the barn and are back in the house for breakfast by then.  For calling a trail head pack station, 6:00 a.m. is better.

      Casey

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <ordoynec@...> wrote :

      Roleigh -

      Just wanted to say thanks for this advice, as well as for the poster who suggested calling at 7am - I just tried the first number you recommended at 7am and got through on the first try!

      Thanks :)
      Calley

      Thu Jun 5, 2014 12:09 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Roleigh Martin" marti124

      I always, in my emails to Danica, use both the below email address and this
      one: bernerspack@....

      I will be using them for the 5th year this August. Sometimes you have to
      try often and repeatedly. I think where the pack station is that they're
      out of contact, not sure. In my phone book, I note that 760-387-2627 is
      the number I have had the best luck with. Their other numbers are
      800-962-0775760-387-2797, and 760-920-5588 (I list this as a mobile
      phone, so I think you could text to this).

      I find the securing of the business deal the hardest thing about doing
      business with Danica, but once arranged, they've never failed me. They're
      out there when they say they will be out there. I do send a last minute
      email from Muir Trail Ranch reminding them as well as one before that about
      1 week before hike begins making sure they received all packages.

      I'll try and find out why communication with them is difficult, I think it
      has to do with where their Pack Station is. I think the phone lines are
      fine though (at least 1-2 of them).
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic