41777Re: [John Muir Trail] Transportation

  • Paul Fretheim
    May 13, 2014
      Hi,

      My name is Paul Fretheim. I run a shuttle out of Independence in the Eastern Sierra called "East Side Sierra Shuttle."

      My favorite boutique inn in Mammoth is The Tamarack Lodge. They have what I think is the best gourmet restaurant in Mammoth Lakes. They also offer free transportation to and from the airport. You just schedule the ride when you make your room reservation. They have a full range of accommodations. Their lowest priced rooms are cheaper than Motel 6.

      As I shuttle driver, I know - I wouldn't recommend Motel 6 in Mammoth. The parking lot has the feel of a LA gangland area.

       We can transport you from Mammoth to Tuolumne for $280 for two persons and all the way to the valley for $400.

      Paul

      On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Karen lmnop18447@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We’re trying to figure out getting from here to there. As a person who is used to jumping in my car and going, this is feeling complicated. Here’s what I have so far, and I’m looking to see if it makes sense. We are arriving at Mammoth Airport on Monday June 23rd around 6:00 PM and looking to get a shuttle to stay somewhere in Mammoth overnight or going right into Tuolumne that evening. We will need to pick up fuel – would we be better off in Mammoth doing that or will there be a good supply somewhere in Yosemite? YARTS is not running weekdays yet, so we’re looking to take a private shuttle to Tuolumne, even though we are hiking from HI - much less expensive than getting one into the valley - and then taking the Tour/Hiker bus into the valley. Spending the Tuesday night in Backpackers Campground and picking up our permit and departing from HI the morning of the 25th. Does this make sense? Is there an easier/cheaper way to do any of this?

    • Show all 69 messages in this topic