41312Re: [John Muir Trail] Knee strengthening exercises?

    Apr 26, 2014
    Nancy, I injured my knee in a hiking accident in 2011 but have been able to do an annual JMT in all the years since then.  I have done a lot of research on knee rehabilitation and health.  I posted a lot of it in a recent posting months ago but since Yahoo does not save embedded pictures on the web (a defect in their web archive of messages, I'm re-attaching that posting in PDF form).

    _

    On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 10:46 PM, <nancy.bazilchuk@...> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for some good knee-strengthening exercises that I can do in addition to my other training (hiking, biking, running some).  Any recommendations most welcome. We're taking 25 days SOBO so our mileages won't be that high, but after 58 years of pounding my knees in various outdoor pursuits, I'm a little worried that I will have knee trouble if I don't do some extra exercises. we start July 9.

    Nancy

  • Show all 17 messages in this topic