41289Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: VVR

  • LEBRUN
    Apr 25, 2014
      And the thru-hikers camp is FREE.

      On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:21 PM, Joe MacLeish <jmacleish@...> wrote:

      yes.
      VVR has a thru hikers camp ground right out front and you can hang out for a few days and they will feed you as long as you can pay and you get your first beer (or whatever drink) free.
      Joe

      From: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com [mailto:johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of outdoorsyarchivist@...
      Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 11:15 AM
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: VVR

      All this has me thinking: We've recently decided to really look into doing the trail this year, so obviously we didn't have time to snatch up reservations (I basically found out I'm not starting my post-graduate school job until September, thus we couldn't plan ahead).

      For some reason I can't really find an answer via their website, but as a thru-hiker can you camp at VVR without reservations? I'm not particularly attached to the idea of a trailer etc. so I'd just be thrilled with a place for the tent. But am just curious if you're allowed to hang out for a day or so while camping.

    • Show all 35 messages in this topic