      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: mattruby@...
      Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:09:58 -0700
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Lunch Suggestions

      That's funny you mention trader joe's, they have systematically gotten rid of many items I have used in the past for backpacking. I don't bother going there anymore for trail goods. I eat 2 or 3 clif bars for lunch spread out over the hiking day.

      Matt

      From: Bill Plesha <backpackerman@...>

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 12:57 AM

      I went to the Trader Joe's here in Phoenix today and was told the sun dried tomatoes were discontinued because of low sales!! Damn, it really sounded pretty good.

      Bob - are you still able to get the out there is CA?

      Bill

      From: backpackerman@ cox.net

      Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 03:57:43 -0700

      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Lunch Suggestions

      Good Morning All,

      I'm coming up on my first JMT trip and am considering what foods to bring.

      I'm pretty well set for breakfasts (instant oatmeal packets & coffee) and

      dinners (repackaged freeze dried meals), but am wondering what suggestions

      those of you who have done the trip in the past would have for lunches.

      I'm thinking food that is quick and easy that can be eaten with as little

      muss and fuss as possible.

      Power bars, energy bars, foods that provide lots of calories to help replace

      what you lose during the day??

      Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

      Bill P.

      Rediscover HotmailR: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.

      http://windowslive. com/RediscoverHo tmail?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_HM_Rediscover _Sto

      rage2_042009