      From: Barbara Karagosian
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:28 PM
      Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] Lunch Suggestions

      Sparkle - those Tiger Milk Bars are awful IMHO! But you're right, they all
      get to taste like cardboard pretty quickly. I'm currently doing a survey of
      different bars, protein, cals and taste - my taste, of course. I tried the
      wax enclosed chocolate that they sell online at BPL, it was good -
      especially the chili flavored, odd as that may sound. But the weight is not
      worth the chocolate. Snickers do pretty well too. Now I'm gonna have to
      try the sundried toms - hmm. Barbara

      From: backpackerman@...
      Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 03:57:43 -0700
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Lunch Suggestions

      Good Morning All,

      I'm coming up on my first JMT trip and am considering what foods to bring.
      I'm pretty well set for breakfasts (instant oatmeal packets & coffee) and
      dinners (repackaged freeze dried meals), but am wondering what suggestions
      those of you who have done the trip in the past would have for lunches.

      I'm thinking food that is quick and easy that can be eaten with as little
      muss and fuss as possible.

      Power bars, energy bars, foods that provide lots of calories to help replace
      what you lose during the day??

      Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

      Bill P.

      Rediscover HotmailR: Get e-mail storage that grows with you.

      Yahoo! Groups Links