40759Re: [John Muir Trail] Kennedy Meadows/Tom's Place

  • Charlie Henderson
    Apr 6 8:33 PM
      Sorry, clearing it up:  I'm joining NB friends at the southern Kennedy Meadows.  Does anyone know if the road in is paved?
      On Sunday, April 6, 2014 6:49 AM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:

      There are two Kennedy Meadows along the PCT. One is well to the North of the JMT and one is well to the South of the JMT.

      I've been to the one that is off of Sonora Pass Road - CA108 (the northern Kennedy Meadows) and that road is paved.

      But I suspect you mean the southern Kennedy Meadows if you are joining northbound PCT hikers for their JMT portion - I understand the road to it is paved but more difficult than CA108

      On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 5:34 AM, <henduhouse@...> wrote:

      Has anyone driven in to Kennedy Meadows?  Is the road paved all the way?  I'm meeting friends who are hiking PCT & doing the JMT portion with them.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic