40748Re: Quick survey

    Apr 6, 2014
      Thanks to you who have responded to this brief survey. I have received 73 responses over the last 21 hours.

      The data improves with more respondents. In particular, I could use more women. 30% of the respondents were women, virtually the same as I found in my 2013 survey, but to get a good average body weight for women, it would be particular helpful to get more responses from women than I have at present.

      Link is below

      On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:
      In interpreting the results of my 2013 hiker survey -- which did not ask respondents to list body weights -- I would like to have a rough estimate at how much  "typical" JMT hikers weigh within different categories of gender and pack weights. While I won't be able to directly link these responses to my survey, it will help put some of the data into context.

      If you'd be willing to help, please go to this link and take a Survey, which should require less than 2 minutes of your time.

      It has five simple questions about your

      Sierra hiking experience (or plans for the JMT)
      body weight
      pack weight
      weight change on recent trips

      San Francisco, CA  94114-3707