40735Re: 2013 Hiker Survey - teaser charts

  • mnmcogan21
    Apr 5, 2014
      This is fascinating John......thanks for putting this together.  If I read your analysis correctly, I am a bit surprised actual mileage exceeded planned mileage.  Any ideas on this?  My understanding from reading about the trail, visiting forums, etc. is that people tend to overestimate.....but your results seem to contradict this.  Also, I would join the respondents regarding questions pertaining to preparation........especially physical.  I will be attempting the trail this August and would be happy to add to your data.  My email is stats.man4@....
      Thanks for the information!
      Mike
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic