40710Re: Mammoth Transition

  • alisarod
    Apr 5, 2014
      I live in mammoth so I'm glad to share any information that I have so feel free to email me as well. The mammoth Airport is 7 miles out if town and at a lower elevation. Cabs tend to be a little pricey so try and find a group to share. If not, you can always just take the village hotel shuttle. It will take you up to the village but from there, you can jump on the town trolley (the red line) and take that down to the Shiloh inn. It's a lot simpler than it sounds, trust me.As far as exploring goes, I wouldn't spend the time shuttling and going down to reds and devils postpile if you're already hiking through there. Go check out the lakes basin... It's beautiful and there is so much incredible hiking over there to help get acclimated. I recommend a hike up to crystal lake and one up the duck pass trail. Those are great training hikes to get acclimated.As far as holding a package goes... The mammoth post office doesn't keep things there for long. If I'm late picking up a package for more than a week... Sometimes it gets sent back. It's frustrating. I would call your hotel and ask. I know places like the village and the Westin do that. If I'm in town, I can help too. When is your trip scheduled?Anyways, enjoy mammoth. It's a beautiful town.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic