3816Re: [John Muir Trail] Questions on Bear containers

    Mar 4, 2009
      I am one of the lucky ones, I was able to buy both a Bearikade Weekender and
      a Bearikade Expedition used, each.

      If I can get resupplied at Charlotte Lake, I take the Weekender; else the
      Expedition. I use a Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone pack, love it, and am able to
      fit the Weekender sideways, while the Expedition has to go vertically.

      I will be doing the entire JMT this summer starting July 19 and am budgeting
      11 days from MTR to WP although we'll probably do it in 10 days. (We're
      going to meet someone at Charlotte Lake and am building in a slack day, if
      we get there on time, we will be doing it in 10 days from MTR to WP).