38038Re: [John Muir Trail] RE: Transportion

  • LEBRUN
    Feb 7, 2014
      Eric,

      You could also:
      1. Fly into Reno.
      2.Ride ESTA bus to Lee Vinning or Mammoth Lakes
      3. Next day ride the YARTs bus into Yosemite.
      4. Hike out to Whitney Portal.
      5. Hitch into Lone Pine.
      6. Ride ESTA bus to Reno Airport
      7. Fly home.

      On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM, LEBRUN <bnslebrun@...> wrote:
      Eric,

      You could:
      1. Drive to Lone Pine and stay at the Dow Villa.
      2. Leave vehicle at the Dow Villa overflow parking lot (free).
      3. Ride the ESTA bus to Mommoth Lakes.
      4. Then ride the YARTs bus to Yosemite.
      5. Hike out to Whitney Portal.
      6 Hitch into Lone Pine (easy and fast).

      3 and 4 will have you in Yosemite valley by Noon same day.

      On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM, eric schultz <meathead505@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      I live in Phoenix, Az.  Other than flying from Phoenix to Mammoth and staying the night in Mammoth what are my other options?
      1. Phoenix to Reno.  Then what?
      2. Phoenix to San Francisco.  Then what?
      3. Phoenix to Oakland.  Then what?
      4.  I can drive, but between paying for transportation between trailheads and the gas to get to Yosemite, I think I can fly for less.  Less not only from a money standpoint but a time standpoint as well.
      Thanks
      Eric