3800Re: [John Muir Trail] "The SPOT"

  • Lee
    Mar 3, 2009
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Karagosian" <barbara@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Claire - we'll be starting 3rd week of July - hopefully not too bad
      > mossie - they love my daughter way too much! Barbara
      >

      > _____

      Barbara... be VERY cautious using the "SPOT" for any emergency situation on the trail. I tested one late last year on the P.C.T. and got very poor signal transmission (if any). It may work in the middle of an very open field/meadow and your standing still for fifteen minutes for the sat to pickup the signal, but it is not a device to count on for an emergency of any kind. I sent mine back for refund.... Lee
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic