37912Re: [John Muir Trail] Wildflower session on JMT

  • Dittli-Goethals
    Feb 5, 2014
      You'll usually see the best flowers when the mosquitos are at there peak, normally around the 3rd week in July. Last year, despite the dry winter, the perennials were outrageous in early July. I'm guessing due to the prolonged sun and persistent watering during the summer.

      JD

      Inline image 1Inline image 2

      On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Lynn Alexander <drlynnalexander@...> wrote:

      The best time is in high precipitation years. This year with an historic drought, the wildflowers are likely to be minimal no matter when you go.
      Lynn

      On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Swamy LLM <llmswamy@...> wrote:

      What is the best times to see wildflower on JMT  ?
      Not expecting much on 11K and above elevations. How about rest of the route under 11K ?
      I think, we see flower about 3 or 4 weeks after snow melt at these elevations.
      I planned my trip based on that assumption; but want to check with expert JMT'er here.

      thanks
      Swamy

      --
      John Dittli/Leslie Goethals