3791RE: [John Muir Trail] headnets and sat phones

  • Steve Schauer
    Mar 2, 2009
      Not sure about the batteries. They came with the phone, with a recharger.
      As far as mosquito nets, we have the same OR with the metal ring. We didn't have to use them in August. We did use them from Tuolomne to Mammoth one July-the swarms were so brutal that we quit our hike days early. I like the ring because it keeps them away from your ears, but I have to say, it's a bummer if there are so many you need a head net!
      Claire