37887[John Muir Trail] Re: What do you do with your stuff?

  • Robert
    Feb 5, 2014
      I've long since learned that;) ! I have seen bears there on three different occasions now! We weren't camped by a bearbox either, which if I HAD to stop there again, would make sure to use. On the plus sides, me and my hiking partners got a great show, the bear didn't get any food, and I have some cool 'battle scars' on my Bearikade now;) !

      > " .... Camping in Vidette Meadows"
      >

      > Just a note---not the best place to camp as it's kind of a bear magnet.
      >
      > Bob Shattuck

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic