37842RE: [John Muir Trail] What do you do with your stuff?

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Feb 4, 2014

      I guess I'm not sure what the value is in scaring a bear off if it is trying to get into the canister. I don't think that the approved canisters have been compromised by a black bear (yet) so my view was they can have at it. As long as the canister can't roll away, I figured I'd rather not lose sleep. But I can see the other side of this as well since I guess there is a small chance that the canister could roll away or somehow open up.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic