      From: Bob Bankhead <wandering_bob@...>
      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:00:31 AM
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] which cell phone carrier works best at Quail Meadows (to call Vermillion resort from the JMT/'Quail Meadows junction)

      There is no cell service by any carrier at Onion Valley. When we drove up to OV campground last summer, we had only intermittent service from AT&T once we left Independence and lost it completely about 4 miles out of Independence.

      The Onion Valley Pack Station is not always manned, and they would need a satellite phone for communication.