3755Re: [John Muir Trail] which cell phone carrier works best at Quail Meadows (to call Vermillion resort from the JMT/'Quail Meadows junction)

  • Bob Bankhead
    Feb 26, 2009
      There is no cell service by any carrier at Onion Valley. When we drove up to OV campground last summer, we had only intermittent service from AT&T once we left Independence and lost it completely about 4 miles out of Independence.

      The Onion Valley Pack Station is not always manned, and they would need a satellite phone for communication.