36124Re: [John Muir Trail] Salutations, how are you?

    Dec 18, 2013
      Thanks for your concern.

      Weird,

      The original posting never made it into my inbox.  We have put the member on moderated status and will be monitoring the member's postings until it appears his/her email problems are solved.  I sent out a message to the member worded such (see below indented paragraphs).  Reprinted here and made public only once a year so other members know the group's policy.

      In the future if a member sees a posting like this, rather than reply to the whole group, just send your concern to one of the moderators by emailing JohnMuirTrail-Owner@yahoogroups.com.  Thanks.

      Hello,

      An email (see below in this forwarded email) purporting to be from your email
      address was sent to our JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group today.

      We know you to be a legit member and that this was not intentional by you,
      nevertheless to keep the group protected, I need to inform you of the following.

      When this happens, one of the JMT YG moderators puts the member (and you are
      now temporarily too) in a "moderated" status, meaning anything you post has
      to be read by a moderator and then approved for posting, so a delay can occur
      if your posting is not a hacked-spam posting.  In the interim, the member (you
      now) are unable to upload files to the group.

      Please read this file, which is kept in this folder:

      "How to avoid your email being hacked and sending out spam.pdf"

      This is a file updated by the moderator on how to protect your email account from being hacked and spamming the group (and your friends).

      This document should enable you to fix your hacked email problem.

      Once we see your postings are no longer hacked, we'll put your back into the normal unmoderated status.

      Thank you for your understanding.

      Roleigh Martin
      Lead Moderator

      _