36110Re: This Week's John Muir Trail Blog Post

  • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
    Dec 17, 2013
      Ray, interesting comment about the packer problem. Whilst at LYV this year, a group of five Asians told me about their resupply - packer - plan and I asked them what would happen if the packer didn't turn up. I was met with a shrug. I wonder how many times this happens. Arranging to meet anyone in the middle of the wilderness at a given time seems to be to be wrought with potential problems.

      Ken.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Ray Rippel <ray.rippel@...> wrote:

      > Good morning,
      >
      > This week's blog post lists ten things you should be doing, now, to prepare
      > for next summer's hike of the John Muir Trail.
      >
      > Enjoy, and comment if you like!
      >
      > http://jmtbook.com/category/blog/
      >
      > Ray Rippel
      > Author, *Planning Your Thru-Hike of the John Muir Trail*
      > http://jmtbook.com/
      > Follow me at: www.twitter.com/JMTBook

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic