35957Re: Infections from Blisters – A Serious Condition [feedly]

  • Robert
    Dec 5, 2013
      I've lost plenty of toenails due to blisters forming under them on long hikes or runs. Ultimately it comes from footwear that doesn't breath or allow for swelling of the feet and a large enough toe box though. It got so routine for me over the years, I've had several toenails permanently removed! I have be become very picky in my footwear choices over the years and I now avoid Goretex on shoes like the Black Plague due to it trapping sweat inside my footwear.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <moe@...> wrote:

      > Was your problem a blister or nail damage due to shoes that didn't fit? It's hard to imaging losing a nail due to a blister.
      >
      > Don

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic