35775Re: [John Muir Trail] RE: JMT 2014 in July

  • Robert
    Nov 18, 2013
      No problem Joe! I need to get my hands on the Skurka maps before summer, but intend to order them soon. The section between Humphries Basin to Mono Creek is supposed to be some of the prettiest sections of the SHR, with more moderate Class 2 passes from everything I've researched so far. I can't wait to see the Bear Lakes Basin!

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Joe MacLeish" <jmacleish@...> wrote:

      > Robert:
      >
      > Please take enough notes to pass to me if you would. I will try a leg a year of the SHR if I complete the first leg in 2014. I'll even pay for a marked up map if you make one.
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > Joe
      >

      > ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <rnperky@> wrote:
      >
      > Sounds like some fine plans!! L
      > I'm doing the opposite. I'm going to do another section of the SHR from Humphries Basin to McGee Creek, in over Piute Pass and exit either Reds Meadows, McGee Pass, or Mono Pass. I might go out Mono Pass and just do some side trips up to 4th Recess Lake and Pioneer Basin instead, as the exit TH is a little more 'small car friendly' for access compared to McGee Pass TH. I'm looking at the JMT sometime in mid-August. I haven't decided to slow it down a bit or go for a personal best on time, my conditioning will probably determine that one.
      >

      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Joe MacLeish" <jmacleish@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Robert:
      > >
      > > My plan A is to do the JMT, be in shape at the end, and tag on the first leg
      > > of the SHR (the one we/I tried last year) with a slower pace and plan B is
      > > just the JMT. For me that means starting in early July and ending the SHR
      > > leg by early August.
      > >
      > > Joe

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic