35422Re: [John Muir Trail] Is Yosemite Open - or not

    Oct 14, 2013
      At a minimum, the various state highways through the Park have to be open.

      On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Joe MacLeish <jmacleish@...> wrote:

      Attached is a cut and paste from an article from Budget travel.  I pasted in the comments of a guy who says he was in Yosemite last week and it was open (he says).  Has anybody been there and been kicked out or not let in?  I was on the road for the last two weeks and the visitor centers all over the North West are closed but the areas are sort of open.  We saw Mt St Helens (hard to close the view) but the Visitor Centers were all closed.  We cut our vacation short by a week assuming Dinosaur Ntl Monument and Canyon Lands and Arches were closed.

      I cut out most of the article because it was not relevant to Yosemite.

      Joe

      National parks closed? Try these state parks and local attractions instead

      udget TravelBy Kaeli Conforti | Budget Travel – Wed, Oct 9, 2013 1:11 PM EDT

      http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/national-parks-closed--try-these-state-parks-and-local-attractions-instead-171136618.html

      pito  •  4 days ago Report Abuse

      i spent last thursday and friday in yosemite.....park is open basically, they just cant say it. i was married in yosemite, and go 10-15 times a year, and gotta tell you it was one of my favorite visits having the park to myself....almost

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic