      From: Hextstatic <hext.knight@...>
      To: "johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:20 AM
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Do you know anyone who has hiked the JMT (either fully or partially) with Asthmatic Condition?

      Hi,
      Completed Northbound JMT on September 15th from Horseshoe Meadows, 30 days nice and easy although delayed by thunderstorms first few days.
      Took Ventalin inhaler with me but really wasn't necessary, felt better than ever, although to be fair I have used less since starting training for JMT eighteen months ago.
      The drier Sierra atmosphere (and California in general seems to suit my chest) rather than the damp we returned to last week.
      I wouldn't say that Asthma would prevent many but the worst sufferers.
      Please email me if you want to discuss further. (hext.knight@...)
      Also, my partner Sarah who walked with me is a Chrons Disease sufferer, basically a lower gut issue that restricts her diet to Non Fibre, now that was a challenge to our diet planning. (Again if anyone wants further information email me)
      I think that if you want it bad enough, and we did, that with proper planning and a careful attitude it can be done.
      Being part of this group helped in many many ways and made all the planning far easier.
      Nick

      On 7 October 2013 16:42, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      Do you know anyone who has hiked the JMT (either fully or partially) who has an Asthmatic Condition?  I have met someone who has Asthma and she has done day hiking on perfect weather days without any problems and she is curious about the JMT.

      Can you provide some details if you know enough to talk in some depth?

      Have you ever been on the trail and had problems, what did you do, what did you need to have with you?

      Thanks!
      -------------------------------------------------Visit my Google Profile (lots of very interesting research links)_
      --
      Nixx