35255RE: Is this what the site has really gotten to?

  • johndittli
    Oct 1, 2013

      James, please forgive me, but yes, the impacts that are occurring along the trail are increasing and they should be addressed in this forum. It's not just about peoples needs, though we are here for that as well, but it is also about the needs of the place.

      So yes, while a discussion on rubber pole tips may seem silly, it still needs to be discussed, as does toilet paper, proper campsite selection etc, etc.

      Many that lurk and learn from this forum have no idea of what to do and where to do it, that is one of the reasons they are here.

      JD

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Arguing about rubber tips?

      I come here because next year I plan on doing a segment of JMT from Edison Lake to TM, and as a separate trip doing Mt. Whitney from Whitney Portal to the top and back.

      The messages of the day are about if rubber tips are trash or not, and placed intentionally or not.

      To all who finished their hikes of the season whether completed or had to bail out early, I say congratulations.  I have enjoyed reading of your adventures, and your trials and tribulations.  Cat, my heart goes out to you specifically.

      The time has come to help those who have a small spark of desire to take the plunge and begin planning what it takes for them to put some miles on the JMT, and make sure they also finish as well as they can.

      James

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic