35219RE: RE: RE: rest time after thru-hike

  • dlink_95670
    Sep 30, 2013

      RE: Clif Bars. I've had the same thing. I love ProBars for their excellent nutrition and high calorie content for the bulk. But after a week of them, it was months before I could eat another. Nowadays I mix it up and take several different kinds of bars. Helps break the monotony, and there are so many bars out there, it's easy to find lots of choices.

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      When I was very much younger, I rode a bicycle across the country.  Upon finishing, I literally found it very painful to walk - all my muscles, tendons, and ligaments were set up for riding a bike - the short length pedal stroke, not a normal length walking stride.  Six months later I was still having trouble walking.

      For those who are runners, I can see the same thing happening on a JMT hike - the short hiking stride vs. the longer running stride.

      Even though I bailed really early on my JMT trip this month, I understand the whole diet thing.  I only planned on one Clif bar per day, but after six days of them I'm at the point that if I ever see another one of those in my life I think I'm gonna upchuck.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic