35218RE: Rubber Trekking Pole Tip Protectors/Walking Tips

  • johndittli
    Sep 30, 2013

      If I had a nickel for every rubber trekking pole protector I've picked up.... .

      JD

      see book here

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <walter.cobbs@...> wrote:

       Kent--

      You will probably want carbide tips to deal with the mostly granite rock along the trail.  Rubber tips are useful for protecting other gear from the points when you stow or ship your poles, but then wear is not an issue.

      Walt

      ---In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <ken,t.mclemore@...> wrote:

      I'm considering these for the JMT next year but am wondering about durability. Will a pair last for 200+ miles of High Sierra hiking?
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic