    Sep 25, 2013
      WHAT!  I only have an 8 person, a 3 person, a 2 person and 3 one persons!!

      Barbara

      On Sep 25, 2013, at 8:10 PM, Don Amundson <amrowinc@...> wrote:

      The Outdoor Retailer Trade Show is about the biggest trade show around but it's oriented towards retail store buyers and shows gear that is sometimes 2 years out from being available in stores for the general public.  The PCT kickoff Barbara mentions is great for looking at and trying gear that is not normally available in stores like REI.  It's a gathering of the cottage industry makers who primarily sell on line.  You won't see any Big Agnes tents there.

      Then again Barbara may have enough tents to do her own trade show. ;-)

      From: barbara@...

      PCT kickoff in April near San Diego. Long way off tho.
      On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:14 PM, "Tim Goodrich" <tim@...> wrote:

      I’ve read much about tents on here and currently use a Fly Creek UL2. I like the weight and design, but dislike the number of tent stakes you need to set it up correctly. In shopping for a new tent, I’d prefer to see them set up in person first. REI and Adventure16 just don’t have the selection of available tents to make a good choice.

      Does anyone know of any trade shows or equipment showcases where many of the tent manufacturers convene to show off and sell their products? I’m thinking that, being in Los Angeles, if we don’t have something like this, we should.

      Thanks,

      Tim

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic