35146Re: [John Muir Trail] tent selection

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Sep 25, 2013
      PCT kickoff in April near San Diego. Long way off tho.

      On Sep 25, 2013, at 5:14 PM, "Tim Goodrich" <tim@...> wrote:

      I’ve read much about tents on here and currently use a Fly Creek UL2. I like the weight and design, but dislike the number of tent stakes you need to set it up correctly. In shopping for a new tent, I’d prefer to see them set up in person first. REI and Adventure16 just don’t have the selection of available tents to make a good choice.

      Does anyone know of any trade shows or equipment showcases where many of the tent manufacturers convene to show off and sell their products? I’m thinking that, being in Los Angeles, if we don’t have something like this, we should.

      Thanks,

      Tim

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic