35030RE: Re: a chance encounter . . . on the JMT, never!

  • climbskihikebike
    Sep 15, 2013

      John, sounds like a great trip!

      I found another good quote...I believe it was Martin Luther King Jr. who said:

      "The true measure of a pack is not whether she can carry a bicycle, but rather, might a man ride a bicycle whilst carrying such a pack?"

      One must always be prepared to ride a bicycle.

      :)

      Allen

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Yeah, make fun of Big Molle, It's not like she's sensitive abuot her
      weight or anything. (53 lbs with water coming in via New Army with 12
      days of food)

      But how many of you could carry a llama OUT in case of an unexpected
      llama emergency. I bet you hadn't thought of that contingency! You
      never can be too prepared, I always say. She did carry a bicycle once.

      San Francisco, CA 94114-3707