34969Re: [John Muir Trail] RE: You can register your dislike or like of the new Yahoo Groups format here

    Sep 10, 2013
      The problem is that the Yahoo's idea of simple is that one would never want to do advance search of old messages.  The new GUI only gives you a choice of a message number or keywords -- they do not allow a popup asking you who the message writer was from, nor the date range, or whether the words appear in the subject or the body of the message.

      Often you'll find on this board some real experts and you'll want to note what else that person has said on a subject.  Yahoo has taken away that ability.

      Yahoo's idea of simple is that your brain is simple and you'll never want anything specific.  I'm afraid what is simple here is the designer's IQ (or management's IQ) not the user's IQ.

      People who hike the JMT are a little bit more intelligent than the new format presumes them to be.

      On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 6:56 PM, kennethjessett@... <kenjessett@...> wrote:

      Oh dear!

      I'm a user who wants it simple, I'm tired of the nerds, geeks, screwballs keeping it all to themselves. They invented the bloody things and then went all Gollum on us with the "My Precious" routine.

      So, easier? Yes please.

      No Facebook, No idiot pod, no twittering, just you and me having a conversation like two intelligent people should.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic