34938[John Muir Trail] Re: Small fires in the wilderness

  • casey
    Sep 9, 2013
      I believe if you check your calender you will find it was opening weekend of deer season for bow hunting. Also squirrel season was open.

      As I understand the local press releases, the hunter was identified and interviewed by authorities about two days after the fire began. The investigation is still open. It was the fire chief of Twain Harte that made the statement that it was an illegal marijuana grow without any evidence and while the investigation was still ongoing.

      Why the person has not been identified and charged or at least cited for an illegal campfire no one quite understands.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic