34935Re: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Small fires in the wilderness

  • Dittli-Goethals
    Sep 9, 2013
      Woah big fella. That post didn't read like anti-gun or anti-hunter to me, in fact it didn't say anything about guns. It was stating "facts" as reported by the media. From my understanding archery season was open, and that is still hunting! It could have just as well been started by a xc hiker. No politics, just a sad start to a big fire!

      On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM, <rwilly001@...> wrote:

      Funny how this wasn't a political discussion until you -- in your indignation about things getting politicized -- turned it into one. The rest of us are looking for news, but we all know where that comes from . . .

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On Sep 9, 2013, at 6:37 AM, "kennethjessett@..." <kenjessett@...> wrote:

      The Rim fire was caused by a camp fire which 'got away' from the hunter, causing untold damage and many deaths among the animals that made the forest their home.

      There will be a lot of politics around the cause of this fire.   The theory that it was a Hunter is one but they have not found this mystery villain.  For all we know this entire mess was caused by the anti-gun lobby. (I don't buy that either)

      As best we can tell there is no active firearm hunting season in that area at this time.  That would make the person who did this a POACHER.  A Criminal who should be taken to the streets and beaten to death.

      Calling the Poacher a hunter is the same as calling anyone who has ever had intercourse a RAPIST.  The act is the same,  one is Legal the other a crime.  If you are not OK with calling your father, yourself or your friends rapists then please do not lump hunters in with Poachers.

      Words matter in this political environment and we all have some responsibility to try to stop the madness.

      John Dittli/Leslie Goethals
      John Dittli Photography

      2010  IPPY Gold Medal Award Winner
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic