34886RE: Posted an hour ago at Yosemite NPS about Hwy 120

  • coureur_de_boue
    Sep 6, 2013

      Wow! Congratulations Robert!!
      I'm looking forward to #1 next week.

      Hate to burst your bubble, but 120 is not fully open. You can't get to the valley from Lee Vining via 120.
      We're facing the same issue on Tuesday & we are looking at gettng dropped off at the Snow Creek cantyon Trail on 120 & hiking into the valley from there.

      Anyone done that here?

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, <bobolonius@...> wrote:

      Hurrah,

      just got into Lone Pine after an amazing morning on Whitney and the end of JMT #13 . . . ran into John Ladd going up Glen in a nasty thunder storm. hope he didn't have to bail. I am looking forward to maybe a night in Lee Vining, tomorrow and then thumbing into the Valley via now open 120 on sunday . . . meanwhile the charms (and laundry) of lone pine await.

      Bob Shattuck

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: roleigh@...
      Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 14:28:47 -0400
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Posted an hour ago at Yosemite NPS about Hwy 120

      Posted an hour ago at Yosemite NPS facebook page:

      Great news - Highway 120 west of Yosemite and the Big Oak Flat Road reopens today at noon! Yosemite Valley will be accessible. Along with the road, the Big Oak Flat Information Station will also open. The Hodgdon Meadow and Crane Flat Campgrounds remain closed, as do the Tuolumne and Merced Groves of Giant Sequoias. Additionally, the Tioga Road will remain closed between Crane Flat and 1.5 miles east of White Wolf through this weekend as firing operations continue. View the news release:http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/bofreopens13.htm

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic